Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Fremont Cabin

The cabin ... and Maria
In 2002 I had a weekend reservation at Fremont Point Cabin.  A couple of weeks before my allotted time, the cabin was burned down in a wildfire.  It has taken me 14 years, but I finally made my date with this place.  It was totally worth the wait.  Sitting 3,000 feet above Summer Lake, at 7,100', the view from the deck is mesmerizing. We mostly spent the weekend hanging out at the cabin, watching the world go by.  Great sunrises and sunsets.  Awesome place.  Hopefully it won't be another 14 years before I return!


Looking south over Summer Lake's playa

On top of Winter Ridge


1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Lauren D. said...

Gorgeous! Sounds like a great weekend. I'm realizing that the quieter it is, the happier I am. Glad you finally got to the lookout.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home