Sunday, August 19, 2012

A hot weekend along the upper Smith River, northern California

Swimming hole on the Smith River
 When I travel to the Smith River country in northern California, I always wonder why I don't go more often.  It is not a long trip, and I enjoy the complete change of ecology that occurs once I am an hour or so south of Eugene.  This time we spent a quick weekend camping on the Smith enjoying a very hot summer weekend - a lot of swimming and hanging out in the shade.  The drive home was extended by taking the coast route back to Eugene, which was 30 degrees cooler than inland and, at least until Bandon, wonderfully uncrowded and gorgeous.  I need to get back there soon.

We hiked a very hot 4 miles to a high point with a view to the Siskiyou Mountains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home