Sunday, October 24, 2021

Biking to the Horn of the Metolius

Fall colors at the Horn
 

I have wanted to get to the Horn of the Metolius for decades.  In fact, when I was in high school I told myself that it would be the first place I would go when I got a capable four wheel drive vehicle.  The Horn of the Metolius is the point where the river shifts eastward from its northern route on its way to Lake Billy Chinook.  Well, I didn't drive there - you can't, at least not along the river - but I rode there this weekend.  It was a cool, showery day and I saw not a soul.  Lovely fall colors, Kokanee massing in the river for their upstream run, and an interesting route along road and then trail.  It was well worth the wait.



I did not expect to see this...

The Hardtail and the Metolius

Sugar Pines!  Sunglasses for scale - and to look cool


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home