Monday, August 06, 2018

Backpacking with my Brother

Sunset at Camp

Last weekend my brother and I returned to an area where we did out first real backpacking trip.  It was 1981, I was 14 and Ken was 15.  We had done several overnight trips in the hills around our Mohawk Valley home, but this was the real deal.  Dad dropped us off at the trailhead with instructions to pick us up in a week.  We were on our own.  It was glorious.  Last weekend was equally glorious.  We saw not another sole from the time we left the trailhead to the time we returned three days later.  That is hard to do in this day and age.  I am so glad to be able to continue to share these experiences with my brother after all of these years.  




Looking west toward the South Fork McKenzie River



Irish Mountain

Camp


Dennis Lake

McFarland Lake

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Ken DenOuden said...

Thanks for a wonderful trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home