Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Astoria-Megler Bridge
It was Will's 20th birthday weekend and he wanted to go to the coast, so we chose Astoria and spent three fun-filled days exploring and eating our way around the lower Columbia River area.  While I have visited all of these places many times in the past, it has been quite a while since I've been back to Astoria.  The town is thriving, largely due to Portland money I suspect, with brew pubs, restaurants, and new condos springing up up all over the place.  Makes me wonder what the long time residents think.  But it is progress of a sort, I suppose, and I enjoyed the visit.


Fort Clatsop

Hike along the Lewis and Clark River

Peter Iredale 
Coast Guard Station, Cape Disappointment


View of Astoria from Astor Column

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home