Saturday, September 02, 2017

The Great Solar Eclipse of 2017

Set up and ready to go for Eclipse '17

My first solar eclipse since 1979 - and first chance to see totality ever, was certainly one of the highlights of the year for me.  I met up with a bunch of friends on a random mountain top in the Malheur National Forest and spent a long weekend in anticipation of the event.  We were far from the only ones there - thanks to Google Maps - but it was a fun group of like minded eclipse chasers.  When the time came, Monday morning, we were not disappointed.  It is difficult to convey, in words and images, what it is like to experience the brief period of totality.  For two and a half minutes it was like being on another planet.  I was enthralled - and ready for 2024 when totality again arcs across North America.  I will be there!
It WAS worth all the fuss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home