Sunday, April 02, 2017

Prineville Reservoir

View of Prineville Reservoir from near State Park Campground

It is not often that I get a chance for a first visit to a state park in Oregon.  The fact that this particular park was barely an hour from home made it that much more unusual.  I had never visited Prineville Reservoir State Park.  This was largely because of fear of crowds and the roar of over-powered watercraft. An early spring weekend was the perfect time to go.  The campground, while plenty busy, was not full and the lake was surprisingly tranquil.  We enjoyed kayaking, hiking, and mountain biking on this quick getaway.  I am very glad I finally made it here.  I wonder what other over-looked spots are out there for me.

Hauled out along shore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home