Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in the Northwest


On the way to the river
 
Christmas this year was a trip to Seattle, Bainbridge Island, and the Olympic Peninsula.  We spent the morning of the 24th driving the I-5 corridor in pea soup fog from Eugene to Olympia, with only a brief break in the Portland area.  I was so happy to see sun and blue skies in Seattle when we arrived in the afternoon that I could almost kiss the pavement.  It was good to get back to Washington for a few days.  I even got to hike a few miles of the Bogachiel River trail to the boundary of the park.  Hard to believe I have been coming out to the Bogie for almost twenty years and I had not hiked that trail.  Nice to get out.  When I drove back to Eugene on Monday I hit fog again at Salem.  Horrible weather.  A storm is pushing its way into western Oregon right now so it is clearing out.

 
 Wilson Springs Creek and the Bogachiel River

 
 Green and lush
 
 

Second Beach, Olympic National Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home